Dr. Don Clum is a Chiropractor, a functional fitness expert and a specialist in Advanced Metabolic Nutrition. He and his wife, Dr. Dana Cavill Clum, run Abundant Health – a Comprehensive Wellness Center in Suffolk County Long Island bringing holistic services of chiropractic, massage, metabolic nutrition, metabolic workouts in their onsite gym, wellness psychology, and medical services collaboration to their clients.
Dr. Clum’s success in creating integrated programs for insulin resistance specifically focusing on diabetes, diabetes prevention, metabolic syndrome, weight loss resistance, obesity, and cardio-metabolic issues led him to join a national corporate wellness and population health company, ADURO Inc in 2014 which serves 140 employers and over 1,000,000 employees.
At ADURO Inc. Dr. Clum has designed and delivered the first alternative diabetes prevention program that rivals and beats the national statistics of the National Diabetes Prevention Program from the N.I.H., and the C.D.C.
What does Dr Clum wish that everyone knew:
- Calories do not control our metabolism, hormones do.
- Change when you are eating. Stop snacking and just eat three meals a day. And eat until you are satisfied at those meals. Most people don’t have to eat less, they just need to eat less often.
- Including exercise in your health program should have nothing to do with burning calories and everything to do with stimulating the hormones that will repair, restore and assist in weight loss.
- Add some fat into each meal intentionally.
Times Dr Clum has struggled with his health:
I have had Metabolic Syndrome and been borderline obese twice! I study and live this for me. We live in a world where all of the cards are stacked against us and I don’t want to be sick…and I don’t want my kids to be sick.
Dr Clums Last Words:
- Don’t overcomplicate things. When you are embarking on a new program to change your health ask yourself, “Does it make sense?”. If whatever someone is saying to you doesn’t make sense, no matter who they are or what their qualifications are, if it doesn’t make sense to you there’s a reason..don’t do it.
- Just because things are simple don’t overlook them. Still give them a try
- You gotta to have a plan, gotta have a team, gotta have a tribe.
- The number one determinant of the outcome of the medical care you have in your community is not the technology you have in your hospital, it’s not the education of or the number of doctors you have, it’s not the access to care and the emergency procedures. It ends up being the overall health literacy, not of the medical people in your community, but the general populace of your community.
Facebook : Don Clum
Website: Your Wellness Tribe
Youtube Channel: Dr Don Clum